2016 GameDay Challenge Dates & Deadlines
- Wednesday, August 3: Registration opens
- Friday, September 30: Registration deadline
- Wednesday, November 30: Deadline to hold GDRC event
- Monday, December 5: Deadline to report data
- Monday, December 12: 2016 GDRC winners announced
All webinars will begin at 1 pm Eastern / 10 am Pacific. Webinars will be archived here.
- Tuesday, August 30 [register]
- Orientation Webinar: Whether you’re a rookie or a seasoned pro, you are invited to join us for an orientation webinar. Learn more about registration, rules and reporting regulations, and get the inside scoop from 2015 GDRC winners Ohio University on hosting a successful GameDay Recycling Challenge.
- Tuesday, September 13
- Guest presenters and topic TBD!
- Tuesday, September 27
- How to Win the GameDay Recycling Challenge: Hear from 2015 GDRC champs Louisiana State University and find out what it takes to host the most successful GameDay events your school has ever seen!
- Monday, October 17
- Mid-Competition Highlights: Find out where your school stands in the GameDay rankings, and get inspired for the second half of the competition.
Congratulations to the 2015 Winners
Officials from the US EPA, Keep America Beautiful, CURC and RecycleMania were on hand to recognize the national winners of the 2015 competition at the Green Sports Alliance Summit in Houston on June 29, 2015. Check out the full 2015 Results.
Diversion Rate Champion: Ohio University – 95% diversion
Total Recycling Champion: Louisiana State University – 86,000+ pounds recycled
GameDay Recycling Challenge Sponsor
The GameDay Recycling Challenge is made possible by the generous support of Ardagh Group.
The GameDay Recycling Challenge is a nationwide competition among universities to reduce and recycle the waste generated at home football games. During each competition cycle, participating schools report recycling, compost and attendance data for at least one home football game. In 2015, 99 schools rallied fans to recycle an impressive 2.1 million pounds of bottles, cans, paper, cardboard and more, and compost 457,000 pounds of food organics from football stadiums and tailgating areas while also raising awareness and inspiring action around waste reduction.
The GameDay Recycling Challenge is administered by the College and University Recycling Coalition (CURC), RecycleMania, Keep America Beautiful and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s WasteWise.